Need a Homeowners Insurance Comparison in Nashville?

If you’re like most homeowners, your home is your most valuable physical asset, and it should be protected accordingly. If your home is damaged or destroyed, it’s important that you are carrying the proper coverage to provide the protection you need, but it’s important to understand that no two policies are created equal. Different insurance companies offer different coverage benefits, have different endorsements and riders, along with different conditions and limitations. The fact is, it can be difficult – if not impossible – to tell the difference between two or more insurance quotes.

If you’re an urban dweller living in a condominium complex, you will also require a tailor-made policy. Condominium insurance (HO-6) can be complicated because in addition to your personal policy, your HOA also provides a master policy for the building, the amenities, and the common elements on the property. It is paramount you understand what IS and IS NOT covered by that master policy. Brian helps clarify how these policies integrate, so that he can make sound purchase decisions on your behalf.

Your independent agent can help you find homeowners and/or condominium insurance that will meet your individual needs and provide the best possible combination of tailored coverage, quality service and competitive pricing.

Brian is duly licensed to discuss these insurance plans but does not sell them. Please consult your independent agent for pricing and coverages.
Common Coverages
  • Dwelling — Covers the actual structure (main house). The cost to replace your home can fluctuate over time based on the cost of raw materials and labor, and supply and demand. We run a replacement cost estimate on every home we insure, to protect you in the event of a total loss.

  • Other Structures — Covers structures on your property not attached to your house, like swimming pools, sheds, and detached garages. This coverage is included, and can be increased if additional protection is warranted.

  • Personal Property — Covers all of your personal belongings in your home, like possessions in closets and drawers, furniture, and electronics.

  • Loss of Use — Covers your living expenses if you need to temporarily live elsewhere because your primary home is uninhabitable due to a loss.

  • Medical Expense — Covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.

  • Family/Personal Liability – This is lawsuit protection, in the event of personal injury, and you are to blame. When choosing your coverage limits, your income and assets must be considered in order to determine your personal need. Brian’s minimum coverage for clients is $500,000. In some situations, an additional liability policy may be necessary for extra coverage.

  • Scheduled Personal Property — Insures valuable items to their full appraised value. Examples are art, jewelry, guns, musical instruments, and more. Brian has even insured a bourbon collection for a client, due to it’s collectibility.